State of Technology #48
March 2, 2012 Leave a comment
- One more hand closer to ‘Minority Report’ like reality
- Collusion – a Firefox extension that ‘allows you to see all the third parties that are tracking your movements across the Web. It will show, in real time, how that data creates a spider-web of interaction between companies and other trackers.’
- Coming to a browser near you – Google Streetview for Oceans!
- VoiceBunny - Fast & Professional Voiceovers for any project (in 50+ languages)
#architecture – Detailed Memory Usage comparison of Java Application servers
#code – Great guide to Real-time web Technologies
#design – Solar Company’s Annual Report Powered by Sun (the star)
#essay – Definitive Guide to Landing Page Optimization
#mobile – Which businesses use SMS the most? Where it’s growing like crazy?
#SaaS – All about ‘Net Promoter System’ you need to know
#social – ‘40% of your customer service emails could be answered by your FAQ’
#tool – Optimize your caffeine intake – there’s an app for that
#tweaks n’ hacks – How to ‘speechjam’ – ‘can be used to disturb people’s speech. In general, human speech is jammed by giving back to the speakers their own utterances at a delay of a few hundred milliseconds. ‘
- #nostalgia ’10 Screensavers of Yore’ (remember ‘Mystify your Mind’?)
- Why the time is always 9:42AM on iPhone ad?
- Movie-making algorithm debuts at Sundance
#parting_thought – (On Complex Systems) “We can study cars and their physical relationships, and know exactly how they work. It in no way prepares us to understand traffic when they all get together and start interacting“ - Michael Gazzaniga