May 19, 2011
- ‘Most minimalist commercial website’ – cannot go any more ‘lite’
- The ‘smart meter’ may know more about you than you care.
- Developer Standup Comedy from Scott Hanselman
- $25 – Buy a Computer or go to a movie date?
#architecture – A great lowdown of Heroku architecture – Quora rocks!
#code – Dynatrace guys keep delivering fascinating performance content. This time, they came out with ‘How Garbage Collection differs in the three big JVMs’
#design – Bento Book
#essay – Is process killing developer passion? Comments are on fire too.
#mobile – A great, great collection of Mobile UI elements
#saas – Lessons NetFlix learned from the AWS outage (aside from uber-cool ‘Chaos Monkey’)
#social – Loved this meme – “Last month everyone was a nuclear physicist. Today everyone is a web scalability architect”
#tool – Ten Commandments of good SCM
#tweaks n’ hacks – Worked out Harmony Search – ‘neat optimization algorithm based on the principles of performing jazz musicians by applying it to solve Sudoku puzzles’
Never trust what you just see – our eyes are mostly best-estimate tools. A great collection of visual paradoxes
- This could really be the worst algorithm in the world!
- Humans.txt @ Google
#parting_thought – ‘When teaching, light a fire, don’t fill a bucket.’ – Dan Snow