State of Technology -#8
May 9, 2011
- WolframTones would let you create your own ringtone, mathematically.
- Intel is building 3D..transistors
- ‘No suicide pledge’ before working in iPad factories?!
- Talking of iPhone, you can now spend about $100 (in gadget) and $5 in app and ‘see/map your brain activities’ in iPhone
#architecture – What a convert – Jeff Atwood bats for Solid State Disk – “I can’t imagine using a computer without a SSD any more; it’d be like going back to dial-up internet or 13″ CRTs or single button mice. Over my dead body, man!”
#code – A great lowdown of Java Memory Model – things you really need to know to “fix or improve”
#design – BRING OUT THE VOTE to encourage our kids! What would be your favorite doodle?
#essay – Why more women should take up Computer Science
#mobile – Get Sticky Notes 1:1 with iPhone / iPad / Android to brainstorm UX – you’d see how exactly it would look.
#saas – FourSquare users spend 3.5x as much non FourSquare users. Really?
#social – Tweet Topic Explorer lets you pick a user and see what interests him /her
#tool – Ever wonder why Chrome is so resource intensive? Chrome’s process model explained
#tweaks n’ hacks – This is what happens when you parallel stack 17 Apple main boards together
- Tired of hearing bloated office language? “Unsuck it”
- It is never too late, for repeats – what the server header responses mean infographic and some of the best “404 – not found” abstractions.
#parting_thought – “You will be newbie forever. Get good at the beginner mode, learning new programs, asking dumb questions, making stupid mistakes, soliticting help, and helping others with what you learn (the best way to learn yourself)”
– Kevin Kelly on Techno Life Skills