State of Technology #46
February 18, 2012
- Scribble something, put it in your Dropbox folder and scriptogr.am will publish a beautiful blog
- It is going to be easier to find parking spots in SF and LA, thanks to sensor networks
- What do your apps know about you
#architecture – ***** Find out how your Mobile site performs vs. (a default group) or (your competitors’) mobile site across differentMobile browsers
#design – Nice Abstraction – 10 Ways New York Times Tells Stories through Reader Content –
- Reaction Grid
- Photo Galleries
- One-word submission etc.
#essay – What every CEO needs to know About the Cloud (HBR; pdf)
#saas – Splunk is a great tool that will take seemingly irrelevant lines of text from your log files and will offer amazing insights. Its recent 4.3 version had a lot of ‘oh, it did not have that before?’ features.
A great overview of the new Splunk 4.3 release is here – it now accepts JSON format to make meaning out of it too.
#social – HTML5 Games vs. Flash Games – what’s the big deal (Infographic)
#tweaks n’ hacks – Here is a way to make your site secure – don’t try to prevent malevolent attackers, if you find out one is about to attack just start wasting their time
- Most popular Fonts of 2011
- More on fonts, a one-page visual history of Western Typefaces (Creator of Verdana is often called ‘Most Read Person on Internet’)
#parting_thought – “The word sustainable is unsustainable” – XKCD