May 27, 2012 Leave a comment
- The Toolbox – how it made from ‘Idea to Launch’ in 10 hours!
- Crowd-sourced Translation (HT: Jim Showalter)
- Always backup. At least for the kids. How we almost lost Toy Story 2.
- 100 Most Creative Business People of 2012
- Turn any web page to 3D
#architecture – Dataland : MIT’s 70’s Media Room Concept that influenced the MAC
#design – *** What UX can learn from Comics –
- Part ONE – “A reader’s eye is like a horse: both will roam if left on their own.”
- Part TWO – “Left to their own devices, eyes want to travel in a downward slanting direction across pages. This is why ad magazines have “v” shaped layouts.”
#essay – **** 11 Compelling Pitch Archetypes with brilliant examples: which one is yours’?
- “X for Y” (e.g., Twitter for video)
- Personal Story
- Evolution Next
- Painting the Future
- Service at Scale
- Wouldn’t if be cool if
- Insane Tech
- The Dream Team
#mobile – 10 Best Mobile Web Development Frameworks
#saas – 12 ways to Increase Throughput by 32X
#service – Should code have an ethics like medicine?
#tool – Make your own notebook in 15 minutes
#tweaks n’ hacks – Wordless Web – Just bring that button to your bookmark bar, click and all words in the page you’re in will VANISH!
#parting_thought – ‘I’ve seen
$crap as a loop variable, and a colleague tells of overhauling old code with a function called
THE_LONE_RANGER_RIDES_AGAIN(). That’s not the type of bad variable name I mean’ – Andy Lester