State of Technology #62
June 10, 2012
- Most delightful RSA animate on ‘Power of Networks’
- Voice recognition – coming soon to your TV. No remotes needed.
- The first game designed entirely on iPad; The interface could be your mind – Mindsky makes games you can influence by thinking
- Internet Trends 2012 –Android phone adoption has ramped up 4x iPhone and others
- Virgin America’s safety video is a lesson how designing a mundane compliant behavior could be made fun
#architecture – Mechanics and meaning behind ol’ Dial-up Modem sound
#code – Entire source code for Doom3 has been released
#design – “Can We Please Move Past Apple’s Silly, Faux-Real UIs?”
#essay – Inside story of the death of Palm and webOS
#mobile – iPhone fonts should be a tad smaller than iPad fonts. Why? Because one holds iPhone closer!
#saas – Do hashbangs (#) belong in the URLs?
#service – 20 Lines of Code that will beat A/B testing
#social – A place where deleted tweets go to .. live forever after
#tool – Are you getting tired at work? Here is a comparison of the best standing desks available.
#tweaks n’ hacks –Build a complete website on iPad
- Check-out the museum of endangered sounds (ol’ dial-up modem etc)
- How much would it cost you to print out the ENTIRE internet?
#parting_thought – “Simplicity is not the absence of clutter, that’s a consequence of simplicity. Simplicity is somehow essentially describing the purpose and place of an object and product. The absence of clutter is just a clutter-free product. That’s not simple.” – Jonathan Ive