State of Technology #66
July 8, 2012
At Other Places
· ‘My boss decided to add ‘Person to Blame’ field to every bug report. What to do?’
· Leap – ‘Own the Future. $70’. Minority Report Deployed
· HowApple keeps secret so well– from the wife of an Apple Engineer
· Ford creates a clever app that will let youlogin to apps without keying in anything
Single Page App Book – ‘the focus is on discussing patterns, implementation choices and decent practices’
A Gentle Introduction to Algorithm Code Complexity Analysis uses Big-O notation and provides some usable Rules of Thumb to help high school students to code better. It’s a good quick read for all, however.
Is Plastic Clamshell Packaging the worst piece of design every done?
‘It’s been the cause of thousands of emergency room visits, and there’s even a Wikipedia-approved term to describe the frustration you feel when confronted with an unrelenting piece of plastic between you and your product.’
How Complex Systems Fail was written by a doctor who investigated Operating Room errors, avoidable patient deaths etc for living. This short-piece was written more than a decade ago but is still as insightful.
The Mobile Playbookfrom Google
Dynatrace announces very exciting SpeedoftheWeb – a free benchmarking and optimization service
Apple’s minimum viable productwas a motherboard!
If a smart algorithm creates a speech, is it considered ‘Protected Speech’ covered by First Amendment?
Rinser Toothbrush is good for people with chronic back pain
· A Song for Tau Day
· 25 Really Clever ideasto make life easier