State of Data #119
October 6, 2012
“Demystifying Big Data: A Practical Guide To Transforming The Business of Government” – Report (pdf) is filled with some key insights –
- While Big Data is transformative, the journey towards becoming Big Data “capable” will be iterative and cyclical, versus revolutionary
- Big Data is often characterized by three factors: volume, velocity, and variety
- Scalable analytics using software frameworks can be combined with storage designs that support massive growth for cost-effectiveness and reliability
Not sure if indexes will be used or how it will be used? You can always write such a small program to check for different execution paths.
There are two types of data visuals– (a) Story Visualizations and (b) Answer Visualizations.
- Fermi Problems and Other Prize Winning Estimates
- New music album shows Real-time Music Sharing(Click on a few times till Gold lines appear)